Petland is showing their dedication to the local communities they service via Petland Charities
Through Petland Charities, a 501c3 organization, Petland partners with the communities their corporate stores call home to raise funds for local shelters and K9 units.
Petland will invite customers to make donations to local shelters or K9 units throughout the year. Petland Charities will then match these customer donations up to $3,000 per store per year.
All money raised from each store will stay within local communities, ensuring organizations receive the funds they need.
The corporate stores who will participate in the Petland Charities fundraising campaign are located throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and Kentucky.
Petland will continue other corporate charitable giving, including promoting the adoption of homeless pets, granting children’s pet-related wishes via the Make-A-Wish Foundation®, donating to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital®, paying for the training of service dogs for disabled veterans, donating food to K9 units and providing grants to teachers to purchase pets and pet supplies for the classroom.
The Petland Impact, 2018
- Safari Stan’s Children Charities- Formalized in 1994, Petland has two children’s charities- Make-A-Wish Foundation of America and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Annually, Petland collects funds year-round for St. Jude, collecting more than $500K total; and, since 1998 has fulfilled more than 350 pet-related wishes for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America.
- Pets in the Classroom- Petland participates in the national Pets in the Classroom program coordinated by the Pet Care Trust. Since 2013 Petland has provided more than 450 grants for teachers to purchase pets and pet supplies for the classroom, enhancing and promoting responsible pet ownership and the human-animal bond.
- Heartland Canines for Veterans- Heartland Canines
- Service Canine Support- Stores have provided financial support and/or feeding programs for 150 police K9 units and/or service canines.
- Pet therapy at Petland- Pet therapy is a natural extension of Petland’s retail environment. By definition, pet therapy is the use of animals in the therapeutic treatment of humans. At Petland, we commonly take our pets to visit school children and nursing home residents.
- And much, much more! Ask your local Petland how they contribute to your local community and to national causes.
We are honored to have the opportunity to help and give the gift of unconditional love through a furry companion. We challenge everyone who reads this message to donate and help save their lives! 🚨Click the link below to join Project Alive in the fight to #endHunterSyndrome! http://bit.ly/2KzFkhQ
Posted by Petland Davie on Saturday, June 30, 2018
Why support these groups?
Petland takes its role in the communities they serve very seriously and wants to continue to enhance the lives of animals in the communities they call home.
Also, the work these shelters and K9 units do is invaluable and as pet lovers wants to support these efforts.
Petland also believes in the importance of the human-animal bond and wants to put resources behind strengthening that bond.
Petland has been actively supporting charitable efforts since its founding in 1967. Petland Charities is not a new endeavor, but an extension of the work Petland has been doing for almost half a century.
Petland will still continue other corporate charitable giving, including granting children’s pet-related wishes via the Make-A-Wish Foundation®, donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital®, paying for the training of service dogs for disabled veterans and providing grants to teachers to purchase pets and pet supplies for the classroom.
How will nonprofits be selected?
Petland Charities will select organizations to donate to based on existing relationships with shelters and requests from the public. If your organization is interested in being considered for a charitable donation, please send a letter to 250 Riverside St. Chillicothe, OH 45601 or call us at (800) 221-5935 and tell us about your shelter or K9 unit.